Greetings!

Pastor Rider is a blog that exists to spread the gospel far and wide beginning in East Central Alberta and going out to the ends of the earth (Acts 1:8).



Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A New Ministry Pardner

On Monday, I made a 18 mile trek with a new ministry pardner. Unlike most travelling companions, the one I made the journey with is measured by hands, and not feet. Furthermore, he is covered with blackish-brown hair, leaves hoof prints and road apples on the trail, and has a hearty appetite for hay. My new ministry pardner is not much of a talker; yet it has been known for animals of a similar kind to speak if you read through the book of Numbers. If I have totally baffled you, my new ministry pardner is a 5-year-old, bay, quarter horse gelding. For any city slickers out there, this is not the same type of quarter horse you see at the Mall that only moves when there are coins in the slot! He is there real deal!



Fittingly, as a travelling companion in gospel ministry, I call him "Silas" (the shorter form of Silvanus). Although it is highly unlikely for Silas to join in church leadership any time soon, or travel to modern day Antioch (Acts 15:22-35), he is the pardner of a man who has deep aspirations to spread the gospel far and wide and use a horse in the process. Inasmuch as I would see myself as more of a Timothy than a Paul, I intend to have many travels with Silas (Acts 15:40,41) as I tell people God's best news revealed in Jesus Christ. I don't intend for Silas to be treated as an outlaw of sorts, or be jailed, (as in Acts 16:25-40); but there will no doubt be risk ahead of us as we anticipate adventures together. Perhaps Silas will be a steed that receives honorable mention in letters (2 Cor. 1:19; 1 Thess. 1:1; 2 Thess. 1:1; I Peter 5:12), or maybe he will be just another horse. Whatever may be the case, I am sure blessed to have a new prospect that I trust will enable me to do further kingdom work in Delia and abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment