Greetings!

Pastor Rider is a blog that exists to spread the gospel far and wide beginning in East Central Alberta and going out to the ends of the earth (Acts 1:8).



Sunday, March 14, 2010

Changing Hearts, Changing Lives

Our Sunday evening fellowship group just began a profitable study from Paul David Tripp and David Powlison entitled Changing Hearts, Changing Lives. In the first session, Paul David Tripp, made two profound statements that prove to be necessary Christian character qualities.

1. "The loving courage of honesty"

What Paul Tripp further explained as "trimming the truth vs. speaking the truth in love." I found the section stressing the importance of speaking the truth in love quite convicting. I was made aware of an important reality expressed by the following quote: "Truth not spoken in love ceases to be the truth because it has been twisted by another human agenda."

2. "The humility of approachability"

Humility is a necessary ingredient for personal ministry. I need more than a little humbling as I seek to counsel people in a way that influences them in a God-honoring, Christ-exalting, Spirit-empowered and Biblical way.

The lesson at hand was the start of what I hope to be a life changing study for me, along with many others who I trust will faithfully attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment